☺ I offer perfectly imperfect, handpoked, handdrawn tattoos. The art of handpoke is a very special thing! ☺
➭ You must be subscribed to my newsletter to book. You can sign up HERE :+)
Appointment availability is announced through my newsletter which I send out every 3-4 months. This booking newsletter will have a link to the current booking form and previews of new flash. I prioritize my newest artwork and ideas related to it. If your desired drawing, budget, and calendar availability align, I will contact you by email to set up an appointment. Please respond promptly to this email and be ready to pay your deposit to secure your spot.
LOCATION & ACCESSIBILITY
My studio is near the Montrose L stop in East Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NYC. I have a private studio on the second floor.
Handpoke tattoo appointments with me can sometimes be long. On average each appointment is 3-4 hours in duration, though some appointments are shorter and some longer. Tattooing typically takes place lying down on a massage table or sitting up in a folding chair. Breaks are important to strech, hydrate and have snacks if needed.
- A sensory note: My studio is next door to a small recording studio which is pretty well sound proofed. There is sometimes (rarely) some sound coming from the bands that record there.
If you have questions about accessibility/sensory concerns please email be at email@example.com.
My tattoos are all handpoked, original artworks, based on my own hand-rendered drawings. My work explores a variety of styles, lineweights, textures and varying levels of detail. Because of this it can sometimes be difficult for me to predict how long a handpoked tattoo will take to make and also how much it will cost.
- Cost includes tattoo time, size, detail and placement. Adding color, custom modifications, and/or difficult placements will add to the cost.
- I do not charge solely based on time, however, I have recently adapted a new hourly pricing model to give a better idea of the cost, to help make my practice more sustainable, and to keep my work accessible to folks with a variety of incomes:
- $175/hour is the true cost of the work.
- On the form there will be options to pay this amount, or more, or less than this cost.
- Paying more than this helps to make appointments available to those who can only afford a reduced hourly cost.
- A middle range is available for those who’s basic needs are met but have little to no expendible income, for whom a tattoo may require budgeting but would not be a significant financial hardship.
- The lowest hourly rate ($125/hour) is available for those who are experiencing significant financial hardship, for whom getting a tattoo would not otherwise not be possible.
Words adapted from Moth Morgenson, via Alexis J. Cunningfolk.
- My appointment minimum is 2 hours. Most appointments range from $350-$700, depending on all of the factors listed above. The appointment minimum could potentially cover the cost of multiple small tattoos, depending on placement and detail.
I put a lot of time and effort into designing unique and thought-provoking pieces. Additionally, I solely run and promote my business and operate a private studio. These factors are reflected in the pricing of my tattoos. While I cannot give you an exact cost in advance, I try my best to give you an idea of how much your tattoo will cost so it isn’t a surprise at the end of the appointment.
- Flash Tattoos: $100 deposit, which will be applied towards the total cost of your tattoo on the day of your appointment.
- Custom Tattoos: $100 deposit, which covers the cost of the original drawing and secures your appointment. This deposit will not be applied towards the total cost of the tattoo.
All deposits are non-refundable.
No tattoo is confirmed without a deposit!
SIZE & TIMING
Note: These are estimates to give you a better idea of pricing. Design edits, placement and detail all affect how long a piece will take to tattoo. For example, sometimes a small piece has a lot of detail and will take longer than this estimate.
SMALL / ~3” and smaller = approximately 1-2.5 hours
MEDIUM / 3” - 5” = approximately 3-5 hours
LARGE* / 6 - 8” = approximately 5-9 hours, could require multiple sessions
*For larger works I am able to offer a day rate.
RESCHEDULES / CANCELLATIONS
I have very limited booking availability. Your deposit is moveable to another date if you give me at least 72 hours notice before your scheduled appointment. If this is the case, your deposit will be honored within three months of the initial payment. Non-emergency reschedules made with less than 72 hours notice, additional reschedules, and appointments rescheduled beyond the three month timeframe of original booking will require a second deposit to re-book.
- If you are too late to your appointment we may need to reschedule and a second deposit will be required to re-book.
- If you do not show up to your appointment and I do not hear from you I will not work with you in the future.
- I reserve the right to cancel an appointment at any time if I feel that my boundaries are being pushed in any way. This is very rare, however I feel it must be said.
- If I have to cancel or reschedule I will reach out ASAP to move our appointment to a future date or I can refund your deposit.